Below are tips to help further ease your natural transition.
- Menopause is a new chapter in every woman’s life and with it comes changes to your routine and even to your lifestyle. To further ease you into this next, natural phase of womanhood, Blessed Herbs has prepared a few tips, tricks and techniques for natural menopause relief.
- Avoid hot flash triggers: Spicy foods, hot beverages, caffeine and alcohol are known to be popular hot flash triggers in women going through menopause. Keep a journal or make a note of foods/beverages that may cause you to experience hot flashes.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: Aside from the obvious health benefits of eating a healthy diet packed with fruits and vegetables – plants have a compound called phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogen is a naturally-occurring nutrient that provides an estrogen-like action for your body. This chemical is similar to the structure of natural estrogen, and may help reduce some of the discomfort associated with menopause. Great sources of phytoestrogen found in fruits include plums, apples and strawberries. And for vegetables: peas, broccoli and cauliflower.
- Make exercise a priority: During menopause, many women have difficulty keeping added weight off due to the fluctuation of estrogen and other hormones. An active lifestyle will help eliminate unwanted belly fat and help control cholesterol levels, which tend to elevate - putting women at a greater risk of heart disease.^^ Exercise will also help decrease bone loss, which is associated with menopause and the loss of estrogen. To help keep your bones healthy, try resistance training. A simple brisk walk with hand weights, stair climbing or even just dancing will work to help strengthen bone density. No gym necessary.
- Relax: Along with exercise, finding a way to relax is an essential key to the menopause journey. Anxiety can affect mood, sleep and your overall wellbeing. Relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga and deep-breathing can help alleviate symptoms and help you have a restful nights’ sleep - and in turn, help your mood.
- Quit Smoking: If you smoke, quit. Smoking decreases your estrogen levels.^ Menopause is already a result of the lack of estrogen that your body is producing and by smoking and decreasing your body’s estrogen levels even more, you may only increase symptoms.
These little tweaks can make a world of difference, and help augment the effects of our all-naturalBlessed Herbs Natural Menopause Support line of herbal supplements. We hope you can use these helpful tips on what you can do to help further ease your natural menopause transition!
^ Curr Med Chem Cardiovasc Hematol Agents. 2005 Jan;3(1):45-54.
^^ U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.