What Advocates Say About Colon Cleansing
Why are so many health-conscious individuals interested in colon cleansing? The answer in part is because of the growing interest in nearly all forms of "alternative" medicine. This interest is both enabled and encouraged by the wealth of health-related information now available on the Internet.
People are rightfully taking a larger and more responsible role in maintaining their own health
Correlated is a pervasive and growing attitude of unease and doubt about modern medicine itself. People often hear about how some treatment or medicine that was claimed earlier to be beneficial is now found, after further research, to be ineffective or even harmful (e.g.: some hormone treatments). Instead of attributing these position changes as the inevitable result of a self-correcting system, many people see them as evidence that medical scientists often "don't know what they're talking about."
This attitude is not without benefits. Patients are now viewing their physicians more realistically and lines of communication are opening further. People are rightfully taking a larger and more responsible role in maintaining their own health. They're more active in researching and making informed choices regarding treatment of illness.
The alternative healthcare industry has responded with a wealth of colon cleansing products and procedures from which to choose
Riding this wave of increased awareness and activism, colon cleansing – a procedure that had largely faded from the healthcare vocabulary for the past ninety years or so – is seeing greatly renewed interest. The alternative healthcare industry has responded with a wealth of colon cleansing products and procedures from which to choose. Attendant with those products and procedures are statements of the benefits one can enjoy through their use. Let's take a look at some of the most common claims.
• Detoxification. Nearly all colon cleansing advocates support the idea that not all waste material is naturally eliminated from the body. Instead, they are convinced that waste can and does build up on the colon lining. Further, this accumulation contains toxins (poisons) that can enter the bloodstream and cause health problems. These problems can range from headaches and obesity to diseases such as asthma, colitis and cancer. Advocates believe colon cleansing can act as a preventive measure and as a treatment for an existing condition.
• Weight loss. Some anecdotal reports claim that a healthcare regimen that includes colon cleansing results in drastic weight loss. Since by the time food reaches the colon, it has had nearly all nutrients, fats and sugars extracted from it, it's questionable that clearing the colon alone is responsible for the weight loss. However, many colon cleansing treatments also specify strict limitations on the nature and amount of caloric intake, which could result in weight loss.
• Increased energy and feeling of well-being. Advocates speak often of feeling "clean" and "purified" after colon cleansing. Often this is attributed to overall digestive system health that allows a more efficient absorption of nutrients.
• Clearer skin. Advocates take the position that when toxins build up in the colon, they can find their way out of the body through sweat glands in the skin, which results in a diminished, unhealthy pallor. Eliminating intestinal toxins restores the "glow" we recognize as a sign of good health.
• Strengthens the immune system, improves memory and mental acuity, and extends benefits to related organs such as the liver, gall bladder and kidneys. All these, again, are attributed to the colon cleansing eliminating toxins from the body.
- Educational Information
- Cleansing & Detox
- Cleansing in a Modern World
- Four Misconceptions about Colon Cleansing
- Colon Cleansing Through the Centuries
- A Brief History of Colon Cleansing
- Colon Cleansing and Weight Loss
- How to prepare for colon cleansing
- What Advocates Say About Colon Cleansing
- Which colon cleansing option is right for you?
- 6 Reasons To Colon Cleanse
- Health and Well Being
- Practitioner Lookup
- Cleansing & Detox