A healthy diet is the first and best thing you can do to maintain youthful good health well into your twilight years. Most of us know the obvious reasons: obesity, diabetes and heart disease have all been directly linked to poor dietary choices.
But thereâ€™s another reason that food can be foe rather than friend: hidden toxins in the form of preservatives, dyes, pesticides and other additives that are commonly found in our food supply. (1)
Letâ€™s take a look at a few of them.
- Wheat flour: Pasta lovers take note. Most commercial boxed pastas produced in the US are made with a bleaching agent called azodicarbonamide to hasten the whitening process. This substance has been linked to asthma and is banned in most European countries.
- Carbonated beverages: Hereâ€™s another good reason to kick the soda habit. Soft drinks are made with the emulsifying agent, brominated vegetable oil (BVO), the same chemical that is used in some fire retardants. BVO absorbed by soft tissue has been linked to reproductive and behavioral problems.
- Snack mixes: Aside from the trans-fat you want to avoid, many popular party mixes contain two cancer-related preservatives known as butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT). In test animals, high-level, long-term exposure to these substances has been linked to cancer and hormone disruption.(2)
- Commercially raised chickens: A long list of unsavory substances has been found in one of Americaâ€™s favorite dinner entrees. Some of the most notable include hormones, antibiotics, antihistamines, and even trace amounts of arsenic and Prozac that are added to chicken feed.
- Commercially produced yogurt: Itâ€™s time to take a closer look at this popular â€śhealthâ€ť food. Cows are typically given growth hormones to reach maturity faster and produce larger quantities of milk. Unfortunately, these substances are passed on to consumers, raising levels of a hormone called insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1), that in some studies has been linked to breast, colon, and prostate cancer.
What to do…
First, be good to your body by avoiding heavily processed, mass-produced foods. By doing so, youâ€™ll be taking a huge step in eliminating the additives that
may be legal, but are definitely bad for your health.
Next, invest in yourself by purchasing fresh organic food whenever possible. While making this switch may add a few more dollars to your weekly grocery bill, it pays off in the long run by reducing the amount of accumulated toxins that are stored in your soft tissues and contribute to disease.
Finally, cleanse your entire digestive system of built up toxic waste with Blessed Herbsâ€™ Colon Cleansing Kit. Our industry-leading colon cleansing system will help you eliminate undigested food, bacteria, metabolic wastes, hormones, cholesterol, and environmental contaminants that may lead to disease-causing toxic overload.
Combined with a liquids-only fast, our all-natural herbal blend colon cleanse will help remove toxic waste that is clinging to the walls of your intestines. And with or without fasting, Blessed Herbs Colon Cleansing Kit will gently improve regularity up to three times daily while eliminating the painful cramps and unwanted gas that are associated with constipation and irregular bowel movements.
Your healthy diet combined with our bestselling Colon Cleansing Kit is the perfect dynamic duo for optimal good health and youthful longevity.