Part of our monthly Cleansing & Detox series, Blessed Herbs hosts a live chat on internal cleansing and detoxification featuring Amanda McQuade Crawford. Amanda covers topics such as Candida, best juices for cleanses, anti-yeast recipes and more!
Questions/Topics Discussed Include:
- What are some of the inflammatory Bowel Conditions?
- When is the best possible time to cleanse/are there any safety concerns if there are underlying diseases or conditions?
- What is Candida?
- Does a colon cleanse help with Candida?
- Soup to kill off yeast
- Spit test for Candida? Is it valid?
- Meem (plant from India) as an additional way to clean yeast
- Antioxidant fruits: Most effective for most inflammatory bowel conditions.Keeps yeast and fungi at a reduced level.
- Does cleansing strip body of healthy gut flora? If so, how can you restore gut flora?
- Is eating yogurt a good way to colonize or restore gut flora?
- What are healthy ingredients to look for in yogurt?
- How does cleansing relate to weight loss?
- What juices are good to cleanse with, and what juices should we avoid?
- When should I cleanse?
- How many times per year should you cleanse?
- How do you listen to your body? When do you need to cleanse?
- What juice helps to pass gall stones?
- What are ways to get fatty liver?
- What are things you can do to counteract NAFLD (Nonalcoholic liver disease)?
- Is colitis classified as an inflammatory bowel disease?
- What anti-inflammatory herbs are useful for treating colitis?
- How can we help reduce exposure to toxins? Specifically toxin contamination from electricity
- Gall bladder cleansing? How do you know if you have Gall stones? What should one do?
- What are alternative sources of calcium other than dairy?
- What are causes of various airborne allergies, and what can cleansing do to help?
- What are causes of hay fever and ways to treat it?
- What is the difference between dust and pollen allergies?
Amanda McQuade Crawford’s Yeast Killing Soup
This soup provides a great addition to a cleanse, and aids in killing yeast in the body. Preparing the soup with the onion skin is beneficial because the skin contains most of the anti-candida properties. The ground cloves also increase the anti-yeast bacteria.
- 2 onions (with skin)
- 4-6 cloves of Garlic
- 4 cups of water
- Pinch of thyme
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Half a pinch of ground cloves
Step 1: Add 4 cups of water to a saucepan. Place onions and garlic in water, and bring to a boil.
Step 2: Lower heat so soup is simmering. Now you can add any additional vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender.
Step 3: Once the soup is ready add a thyme, sea salt, ground black pepper, and cloves. Drink a cup hot or cold as needed (1-3 times a day)
Before serving: Remove onion skins