While we frequently associate bacteria with problems like respiratory and skin infections, there are actuallycountless species of “good” bacteria that allow plants, animals and humans to flourish. Great examples of beneficial bacteria are the types that reside in your gut.
These friendly species of bacteria are constantly at work performing a multitude of tasks including:
- Helping to digest nutrients
- Synthesizing vitamins
- Aiding in energy metabolism
- Producing fat-storing hormones
- Contributing to healthy immunity
- Preventing the growth of harmful pathogens